would it be possible to have a stat count something like (bf2142) of all the games you have played, this would include; games played won, lost, X amount of neck breaks, best weapon used for spy tazer gun, smoke, flash bang so on and the same for the merc. i think this will be fun to see how good or bad you are playing so you can compare with friends or look for the playing level that you are at.
This has been discussed many times before. The conclusion was generally no, we don't want it, and we can't buy a server.
Quote from: Cyntrox on January 16, 2008, 11:45:55 AM
This has been discussed many times before. The conclusion was generally no, we don't want it, and we can't buy a server.
WTF?
If Epic implements TCP and UDP functions, AND if we decide to implement stats, that's no problem. Server is no problem, got plenty.
Yeah, if.
I also seem to remember that you were hesitant to promise anything involving servers.
Stop giving false hope. Did Epic open up the UDN site? iservealot promised :(
Quote from: Cyntrox on January 16, 2008, 01:51:31 PM
Yeah, if.
I also seem to remember that you were hesitant to promise anything involving servers.
Because we don't even have the game running. First the game, then we work on servers, if allowed by Epic.
Quote from: frvge on January 16, 2008, 01:59:34 PM
Quote from: Cyntrox on January 16, 2008, 01:51:31 PM
Yeah, if.
I also seem to remember that you were hesitant to promise anything involving servers.
Because we don't even have the game running. First the game, then we work on servers, if allowed by Epic.
hmm why wouldnt they, its a mod .. look at Steam for example they have sooo many mods out there .. for servers etc.
I'd absolutely love a stat tracker. Not because I'm a console guy who like achievements and points and all that shit, but because I like to see how much things I've done. I like looking at my stats and seeing that I have 414 discs stolen, or 3,487 kills. It's not for comparing with others either, it's for your own personal viewing.
Quote from: Papa Skull on January 16, 2008, 08:08:58 PM
I'd absolutely love a stat tracker. Not because I'm a console guy who like achievements and points and all that shit, but because I like to see how much things I've done. I like looking at my stats and seeing that I have 414 discs stolen, or 3,487 kills. It's not for comparing with others either, it's for your own personal viewing.
qft
Seeing what you accomplished, how many brains you blasted and your win percentage would be nice.
medals like in halo 2 / 3 would be kinda cool too, also like best times for spies and mercs
I don't like to have stats. It creates too much tension and takes away the freedom of just having fun. Besides, assholes who just concentrate on their score will brag nonstop. Lets just keep the rank on and off choice.
It's not their score. It's not like ranking or anything. It's just something that tells you how many games you've won or how many kills you have. You would have to play good to get good stats anyways, so you'd have to focus on your game and not on your stats to get good stats. Does that make sense?
Quote from: Guggle on January 17, 2008, 12:35:56 AM
I don't like to have stats. It creates too much tension and takes away the freedom of just having fun. Besides, assholes who just concentrate on their score will brag nonstop. Lets just keep the rank on and off choice.
Where are the bragging rights if you beat them? Stats don't mean shit. They only show how much time of your life you've wasted doing something you enjoy. So, its not really a waste =)
zomg that stat discussion again...
it's pointless to have win/loss ratio, because it's a team game in the first point and playing against better players would make you look bad in the stats. it's also not about how many necks or headshots you get -.-
but it is still fun to know
Quote from: Gawain on January 17, 2008, 09:17:35 PM
zomg that stat discussion again...
it's pointless to have win/loss ratio, because it's a team game in the first point and playing against better players would make you look bad in the stats. it's also not about how many necks or headshots you get -.-
Yet it still shows you your score at the end of the game. ::) Why? Oh because people would still like to know these things. And you don't complain about seeing your score after the game, so why do you complain about seeing your all time stats?
Quote from: Gawain on January 17, 2008, 09:17:35 PM
zomg that stat discussion again...
it's pointless to have win/loss ratio, because it's a team game in the first point and playing against better players would make you look bad in the stats. it's also not about how many necks or headshots you get -.-
it is, but it'd be nice to know. Not a must-have tough.
Quote from: BurningDeath on January 18, 2008, 12:48:56 PM
Quote from: Gawain on January 17, 2008, 09:17:35 PM
zomg that stat discussion again...
it's pointless to have win/loss ratio, because it's a team game in the first point and playing against better players would make you look bad in the stats. it's also not about how many necks or headshots you get -.-
it is, but it'd be nice to know. Not a must-have tough.
QFE/T