The Assault Rifle Discussion

Started by Farley4Fan, December 24, 2007, 10:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawain

dude, your so fu***** stu*** that it hurts me physically. mt and laser are good tools to keep track of a moving target, especially when it's spamming flash/smoke.

frvge

Switching to MT or EMF+laser is also what I do. Reasons: not affected by flash/smoke. Can see through smoke with either the MT box or the laser box or sometimes the EMF Ghost/Shadow.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Westfall

Quote from: Papa Skull on January 03, 2008, 12:30:07 AM
Why would a merc flip on laser or EMF?  If the merc can already see the spy, clear as fucking day, then why would he need to turn on a vision.  That's fucking stupid, you talk bs.

SS the merc and flashing him is the best choice.

I would turn on laser and/or use EMF so the spy didn't have an affect with the flash. I would turn on a vision so I didn't get blinded. Your common sense in the game is misconstrued.

InvisibleMan999

Yeah, especialyl the moment I see a spy drop a flashbang, that basically means I'm going into MT whore mode. Generally in those games, I'm always in either MT or EMF, and just toggle back and forth.

I generally don't like EMF against smoke, because I can't tell if I'm inside the smoke or not, and I sometimes get KOed that way.

But really flash tends to require a SS shot to take the merc out of MT against any decent player. It's one reason I really don't like using flash. A lot of times I'll try to get the SS shot and get killed. I just have a better success rate running away under cover of smoke.

Gawain

if you get regularly killed whyle trying to ss the merc you did/do something wrong...

Westfall

Quote from: Gawain on January 03, 2008, 07:35:02 PM
if you get regularly killed whyle trying to ss the merc you did/do something wrong...

Not if you are up close and personal. The merc can always still charge be4 he gets hit and knock the spy out.

Vega

Quote from: Papa Skull on January 03, 2008, 12:30:07 AM
Why would a merc flip on laser or EMF?  If the merc can already see the spy, clear as fucking day, then why would he need to turn on a vision.  That's fucking stupid, you talk bs.

SS the merc and flashing him is the best choice.

You have the tendency to call people on "bullshit" yet time and time again you give clear examples that you don't understand CT SvM at its core.

Farley4Fan

Understand it?  Wow.  THE POINT IS THIS GAWAIN:  If I can see someone clear as day, and I don't suspect they will try to flash me, why would I turn on EMF or even MT?  Why?  There isn't a point.  As a spy you'd try to hit them with the flashbang BEFORE they have a chance to turn it on, then you escape.  Flashbangs are good gadgets for covering your movement, and for escaping.  Period.  Especially with chaff nades or ss to the head.  I am sure you can figure out why, if not, it's because they disable visions.

If someone is searching for you in the dark, they aren't going to have EMF on the whole time.  Flash them when they are scanning the area with their flashlight.  If you hit them directly, they aren't going to have a chance to flip on EMF or MT.  He would be blinded for a second, giving you just enough time to get out of the area he was searching.

Why would a merc turn on EMF? Even with laser?  You still have to scan the area with the laser, and if you don't detect anything, the spy is going to get away easily.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: Papa Skull on January 03, 2008, 08:45:09 PM
If someone is searching for you in the dark, they aren't going to have EMF on the whole time.
I do, because i get crashed every time i want to put flashlight on.

Vega

Why would a merc turn on EMF? Even with laser?  You still have to scan the area with the laser, and if you don't detect anything, the spy is going to get away easily.

Ah ok, I get it, Papa Skull is someone from Ubi that wants to destroy Project Stealth.  Ok, it makes sense now, I thought you were just completely retarded. :D  Now, all you gotta do is either admit one of two things;
1.  You're retarded when it comes to SvM.
2.  You work for Ubi and secretly want to destroy the game by proposing horrible ideas. 
3.  All of the above.

Westfall

Understand it?  Wow.  THE POINT IS THIS GAWAIN:  If I can see someone clear as day, and I don't suspect they will try to flash me, why would I turn on EMF or even MT?  Why?  There isn't a point.  As a spy you'd try to hit them with the flashbang BEFORE they have a chance to turn it on, then you escape.  Flashbangs are good gadgets for covering your movement, and for escaping.  Period.  Especially with chaff nades or ss to the head.  I am sure you can figure out why, if not, it's because they disable visions.

If someone is searching for you in the dark, they aren't going to have EMF on the whole time.  Flash them when they are scanning the area with their flashlight.  If you hit them directly, they aren't going to have a chance to flip on EMF or MT.  He would be blinded for a second, giving you just enough time to get out of the area he was searching.

Because a lot of people don't want to die like you would in these situations. Don't flip on EMF or use laser if you don't want to. Most of the people would have MT on in a dark area, rather than EMF. Not everyone EMF whores as much as they MT whore, but its really based on map layout.

+ everything Vega said.

InvisibleMan999

Quote from: Gawain on January 03, 2008, 07:35:02 PM

At close range you can get charged, and at long range, the grainy aiming of the SS means that sometimes you just outright miss shots for stupid reasons. I mean, I dunno about you guys, but I have trouble hitting things sometimes with the SS. Sometimes you'll try to hit a mine on a wall, and you just can't. The red dot is right on it, but it hits something else, because the aiming is fucked up.

psyichic

Sometimes it seems that lag makes the ss not register server side if that is what you mean.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Westfall-US on January 03, 2008, 09:14:59 PM

Because a lot of people don't want to die like you would in these situations. Don't flip on EMF or use laser if you don't want to. Most of the people would have MT on in a dark area, rather than EMF. Not everyone EMF whores as much as they MT whore, but its really based on map layout.

+ everything Vega said.

STILL NO ONE has answered why the fuck you would turn on EMF and laser if you can see the guy clear as day.  Even if you can't see him clear as day, if you don't put the laser on the guy, he escapes easily because you can't see him on EMF.  And how would you die?

If the guy is trying to escape he is obviously going to be running, which creates noise, and I would know which direction he is going.  With laser on, I wouldn't even be able to fucking hear him because the sound reticule is replaced.  My point is that EMF + laser isn't good for tracking an escaping spy.  How would someone using regular vision chasing a spy die in a situation like that?  Lame assumption.

Example:  You are at Polar Base.  You come from hangar to stop the spy from hacking the container.  He sees you coming and you flip on EMF and laser.  At that point he is trying to escape.  You try to chase him down, but you can't see him because he has no visions on.  You try to scan the area with laser but you can't because of all the clutter in that area.  He runs toward the generators, but you don't know that because your sound reticule was replaced by the laser.  So, you search the area near the tower.  And what has the spy done?  He has escaped!  Hey, imagine that!

There is just one example of how it is a bad combination for tracking escaping spies.

And yeah, it is sometimes difficult to get the ss shot to even register that you hit something at long range.  Maybe that's just for balance so you can't snipe a security laser from across the map, or a mine.  But I'm not sure.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Lame, lol.
You can always switch to reticule again in less than 1/4 of a second. Also note that the spy would most likely ss you before he starts escaping.
Another thing is that if you stay on hangar/ container, your mate is on generators (reminds me of that aqua/ greek(pir?) tactic you suggested before).
Now, even if the spy manages to escape, you have stopped him from hacking, and that's what you want. You still have to place the mines he defused and have to stay at your guarding spot.
And remember, there ALWAYS is a mate for the spy you are chasing (chase=fail for merc).
You run after the spy that goes to generators, your hangar/ container is being hacked.
/my 5 cents

EDIT:
Also, you can put on visions without putting laser on, even if it makes your aim lame, you still know where the spy is.